In this week's Writing Excuses podcast episode, Dan, Mary, Howard, and I build fantasy settings that you can use. It was a bit of an experimental episode; I hope you enjoy it.
The deadline to order signed books and have them shipped to U.S. addresses in time for the holidays is in about an hour. Of course you can order anytime year-round, but we can't guarantee on-time arrival if an order comes after the deadline.
I've put two new Utah signings on my events calendar for next week. There's also a new chapter of my abandoned 2001 novel MYTHWALKER up.
There's a new interview with me by Helen Lowe that went up today. She also has a contest giving away two copies of THE ALLOY OF LAW—open to residents of New Zealand and Australia only.
The official Brandon Sanderson fansite, 17th Shard, is also having a giveaway of massive proportions. The deadline to enter is noon tomorrow, Mountain time. Here's what they're giving away:
- A signed, numbered copy of THE ALLOY OF LAW (#781)
- The Mistborn Adventure Game by Crafty Games
- A paperback of THE WAY OF KINGS
- A Mistborn trilogy box set
- A WARBREAKER paperback
- A signed copy of ELANTRIS
- A full set of the cosmere: ELANTRIS, the Mistborn Trilogy, WARBREAKER, and THE WAY OF KINGS
- A set of the four Alcatraz books—ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE EVIL LIBRARIANS, ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE SCRIVENER'S BONES, ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE KNIGHTS OF CRYSTALLIA, and ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE SHATTERED LENS
There are no geographic restrictions on their contest. Comment on their news post to enter.